Monday, September 20, 2010

Day 197

Monday, September 20th, 2010

Day 197 - I was able to get away with a few friends from Thursday night to last night.  Flew to Sioux Falls, SD and drove up to Nisswa, MN (near Brainerd) where one of the guys has a cabin (don't feel bad - this cabin was unbelievable!).  Four days of cold weather, eating high-calorie local fare, laughing, and hitting a lot of very bad golf shots.  Oh and we hit/killed a young deer (I won't show a picture - yes, we took a picture - but think of Bambi lying on the side of the road). 

Spent time with great friends Jeremy, Jarrod, and Eric


The golf courses were immaculate and the scenery was awesome


Weather was in the 50's, scores were much higher!


Not too often I have to wear layers when I play golf in AZ!


The cabin backed up to Gull Lake and we were treated to beautiful sunsets




Ok, I lied - here's the deer.  Thumpty thump off the side of the SUV.


I was very glad to see the kids this morning before I left for work.  We all missed each other and it was good to get a few hugs in.  But it was also good to have some adult time.  I knew the kids were well taken care of and it was good just to concentrate on a few things I love, namely food, golf, more food, and more golf.  Now it's back to reality. 

Prayer Requests:
- Bailey's arm is still in a cast.  Another doctor's appt on Thursday to make sure it's setting correctly.
- Preaching this Sunday.  Prayers for time to prep.

"Father, thank You for allowing me some time away to regroup.  Thank You for providing for the kids while I was gone.  Thank You for all the help I get each day.  I pray You would bless those who are doing so much for me and the kids."

No comments:

Post a Comment