Sunday, October 31, 2010

Day 238

Sunday, October 31st, 2010

Day 238 - Trick or Treat

The kids got all dressed up for a night of trick-or-treating with their cousins...

Snow White, Hippie Ken, Jack Sparrow!

All dressed up!

Excited to get some candy!

His best pirate look!


Hippie Ken looking for Barbie!



I felt bad for the kids having to spend the night without Leigh Ann.  In years past our home would be filled with excitement as she loved getting the kids dressed up, walking with them door to door, and watching them dump their candy out all over the living room floor.  I did my best but it wasn't the same, and part of me thinks the kids felt it.  There's something about a mother gushing over her kids (especially her daughter) that was absent tonight.  It's been absent for 8 months.  I get caught up in my own grief that I sometimes forget what the kids have lost.  They've been without a mother's touch, a mother's hug, a mother's smile, a mother's comfort, a mother's love for 238 days with a lifetime to go. 

And so we'll start another month with Caden's birthday and Thanksgiving just around the corner.  Pressing on...

"Father, can You give the kids the peace they need?  Can You take care of them in ways none of us can?  Please show them Your love in ways that will make sense of all of this.  Draw them to Yourself."












No comments:

Post a Comment