Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day 397

Friday, April 8th, 2011

Day 397 - I'm always interested in hearing people's "stories," our journeys in life where God has taken us.  Mine began when I was a freshman at ASU and was introduced to the idea of having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ through a campus ministry - Campus Crusade for Christ.  Little did I know then how much I would need Him over the next 25 years.  Tonight the local chapter of Campus Crusade held a benefit dinner and I was able to reconnect with several alum.  But the highlight of the evening came when I got to spend a few minutes with the co-founder of Crusade - Vonnette Bright. She was the keynote speaker and though I had been on staff with Crusade (for a very short time) I had never met her.  I've always felt a connection to her and her husband (Dr. Bill Bright) because they're a part of my spiritual heritage. 

I was able to catch up with her after her message and we ended up talking for several minutes.  She was genuinely interested in my life, my story, and wanted to know how the kids and I were dealing with the loss of Leigh Ann.  I will remember her kindness for a long time.  I drove home inspired to continue living for the Lord and somewhat excited that while I don't know what the future holds I do know God's love is real and He has a plan for me and the kids.  That's about all I can ask for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment