Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day 132

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day 132 - Good friends that make up the Bible study Leigh and I have attended this past year came to me a few weeks after Leigh died and gave me the funds to take a vacation with the kids.  After much thought as to what would make for a good getaway, the kids and I invited all our family and a few friends to join us for an overnight to a local swim park and hotel.  We swam together, ate several meals together, golfed together.  More than anything we simply enjoyed each other's company. 

My extended family is quite unique in the fact that we all get along.  We honestly enjoy family get togethers.  Yesterday and today was no exception.  We're all leaning heavily on each other as we go on this journey together.  As we gathered for dinner last night, over 25 of us, I couldn't help but look around and think of how Leigh Ann had touched each life in the room.  How each of us could have told several stories of what Leigh meant to us and how she has made us all better people. Another testimony to what kind of person Leigh Ann was. 

As has been the case the entire summer, lots of tears were fell throughout the weekend.  But new memories continue to be made.  Memories that Leigh would want us to have.  I'm sure of that.  I honestly can't wait for Heaven but I'm glad that in the meantime there can be moments of joy and laughter.  Some of those moments...

Malia, Bailey, and Caden enjoying the park (Wet-n-Wild)




Even the "old man" can still make it down first!


Kids and I had a great time


Golfing with friend Howard, my dad, and friend Jeremy



Lunch with everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment