Saturday, November 13, 2010

Day 251

Saturday, November 13th, 2010

Day 251

Celebrating my birthday today without Leigh Ann.

Breakfast with the kids, golf with family/friends, dinner with family.  The agenda is full (purposefully) and I'm glad to not have to spend the day alone.  Caden woke up right after me and is trying his best to help me celebrate (maybe a little too much at 6:30 a.m.!).

Feels very surreal not to be spending the day with Leigh.  Her absence is weighty.  Certainly a day to put my full trust in the Lord.

Prayer Requests:
- Kids are on the verge of getting sick (throat, flu, etc.).  Prayers that their bodies will heal.
- I'm giving a seminar tomorrow night on the Gospels.  Prayers for preparation and delivery.  

"Father, it's another day where I need to be filled entirely with Your peace.  Another day where it's too tempting to get caught up in missing Leigh Ann.  Thank You for the family and friends that are helping me make the most of today.  Thank You for my kids who want to see me happy.  May my joy be found in the Lord today." 

2 comments:

  1. I read your posting today, and even though you don`t think you have moved further, everytime you post your feeling, it shows everyone, just how much you loved Leigh and you and your children miss her, I feel you have done very well expressing your pain, but to hear from you , about your children missing is so heartfelt, but just reading your posts, shows us you were given this journey, in life, because you are chosen, you children can always look back and read this journal, and always feel the love and feel like they will never forget there mother, it will be tough when they Graduate,Get Married, but thru this journal they will THANK YOU someday for keeping there mother`s spirit alive, and they will remember. I have enjoyed reading your journal, since you first posted it, I am very blessed to have my family and I make sure everyday they know how I feel anf my wishes, you are so kind to share this with the world, thanks you, I look forward in reading your posts. Thanks Roxanna Knipp

    ReplyDelete