Monday, November 29, 2010

Day 267

Monday, November 29th, 2010


Day 267 - Leigh Ann's grandmother (Peggy's mother) passed away early Sunday morning.  The funeral will be on Thursday in Kansas.  A few of us will be heading out Wednesday morning.  Would appreciate prayers. Losing a daughter and a mother in the same year.  One can only imagine the hurt.  Caden asked me if Leigh's grandmother knew Jesus and because she did I was able to tell him yesterday morning Leigh and her grandmother were enjoying being reunited in Heaven.  What should have caused joy in me (and I think deep down it does) instead produced tears.  I still can't believe Leigh is gone.


I decided to break out the Christmas decorations this afternoon.  Terribly surreal to be in the attic pulling down all the Christmas boxes by myself.  I invited good friends to come over to help decorate because I just couldn't do this by myself.  Even with friends it was nonetheless a painful evening racked with so many memories of years gone by.  Seeing the ornaments, the tree, the stockings, brought back the heaviness of Leigh not being here.  I very much wanted to be listening to Christmas music, hanging lights, and watching Leigh take pride in hanging ornaments on the tree.  I wanted to go over the shopping list with her and watch her get excited about what we were going to get the kids.  I wanted to tell her about the kids performing this year for my high school's Christmas concert.  Instead my friends and I tried to make the house look as festive as possible.  Funny thing is the house looks great.  You'd never know by the amount of holiday decor that anything is different.  If only that were the case.

Trying hard to be festive
Prayer Requests
- Pray for Leigh's family as the death of her grandmother is just settling in for everyone.

"Father, please show us, once again, Your love.  This is a week we all need to have You fill us with peace, understanding, and hope.  The pain is still strong.  I don't know when it will subside.  Certainly not this week.  Allow us to see You in the funeral.  May Leigh and her grandmother enjoy being reunited in Heaven.  We're all very jealous."

No comments:

Post a Comment