Monday, December 13, 2010

Day 281

Monday, December 13th, 2010


Day 281 - Kids and I were able to do some ministry together last Friday night.  My school held it's annual Christmas Extravaganza whereby a host of students sang, played instruments, and acted for a sold out crowd.  I had the privilege of bringing the message while the kids joined the children's choir and sang a few numbers.  A great way to spend a Friday night...




Somewhere in the middle of this cloud of grief that seems to be hanging over me this Christmas season I was able to find reprieve by watching the kids get all dressed up and sing their hearts out.  I was able to find satisfaction and maybe even some purpose when I was able to tell a crowd of 700 the wonderful news of our Savior.  The evening was a much needed break from gift lists, to do lists, parties, events.

It's been a few days and now it's back to gift lists, to do lists, and events.  I'm seeing Leigh Ann more in this holiday than the others.  Makes enjoying it rather difficult but there's not much I can do about it.  Thankfully all the running around keeps me from sitting at home dwelling on what is to come.  Watching the kids open presents by myself will be surreal I'm sure.  But this is our reality and so we'll live in it as best we can.  The experts say that year one is the hardest.  We're finding that out during this holiday season. 

Prayer Requests:
- Prayers for one of our Valley Christian H.S. students who lost her mother to cancer over the weekend.  Memorial service will be on Saturday.  A tragedy that this student will spend Christmas without her mother. Thankfully the mother knew the Lord and I'm sure is rejoicing with Leigh in Heaven!
- I'd love prayers for strength.  Just a tough season for me right now.

"Father, thank You for continuing to unfold Your plan for me and the kids.  Thank You for opportunities to tell others about You.  May You comfort Katie and her family as they begin to discover what life is like without their mother.  Please take care of them this week.  I love You."

No comments:

Post a Comment