Sunday, December 26, 2010

Day 294

Sunday, December 26th, 2010

Day 294 - Headed to Flagstaff for a couple of days but wanted to let you know how appreciative the kids and I were/are for all your prayers and support yesterday.  I received so many texts letting me know we were being prayed for.  How encouraging.  We began the morning with prayer and a few minutes into opening gifts Caden broke down and wept.  I joined in and Bailey and Malia came over to to comfort us.  We quickly realized that even in a room full of presents nothing can replace the absence of someone you love. 

I think the crying allowed us to move on and enjoy the rest of the day as much as we could.  The kids had so much fun opening their gifts and we had so much fun watching them.  I felt covered in your prayers and though there were pockets of sorely missing Leigh Ann most of the day was spent enjoying the many blessings of God - kids, family, and friends.  We're blessed to be surrounded by so many people whom we love and are loved by.  And though someone was missing I was able to catch a small glimpse of what Heaven must be like, celebrating Jesus' birth in community.

New memories being made...


First glimpse of what's under the tree!

We always start things off with the stockings!

A kid and his firetruck!

Dolls for Malia!

Malia struggled getting some of the wrapping off!

Golf anyone?!  Bailey got a new set of clubs!

More dolls!  Malia got one that walks and talks by itself.  So help me if I find that thing walking down the hallway in the middle of the night!

Look out Bobby Fischer! 

Look out James Taylor!

There was one more present on the back porch!

I foresee lots of family time on the back porch.  But no mercy - you'll have to earn your wins!!

Caden's favorite team (Steelers) with his name on the jersey!

Malia is ready to roll!
Thanks again for all your help in making this a day to remember.  God is still good even in the pain. 

"Father, thank You for all the saints who had us in mind yesterday.  It's a great feeling knowing you're being prayed for.  Bless them I pray."

No comments:

Post a Comment