Sunday, December 19, 2010

Day 287

Sunday, December 19th, 2010


Day 287 - A little levity...

When I was back in Kansas for Leigh Ann's grandmother's funeral I had a chance to get up on a horse and do a little riding.  Funny thing is, I don't ride...



Q:  Is this really you?
A:  Yes

Q:  Are you riding a unicorn?
A:  The picture makes the horse look like a unicorn but this is actually a roping horse.  His name is "Ringo," and he's 16-hands (whatever that means).

Q:  Was any photo editing devices used in any form whatsoever?
A:  Not to my knowledge

Q:  How many times prior to this photo have you ridden a horse?
A:  Once or maybe twice but never doing a full gallop

Q:  Were you scared?
A:  I've been on a lot of scary rides.  This one tops them all.  Amazing feeling to be on this huge animal and feel very "out of control!"

Q:  Riding a horse, especially when you don't know what you're doing, can be risky.  Was it worth the risk?
A:  First off, I had a 30-second training session so I was somewhat prepared.  Second, life is all about the adventure.  Those two minutes on that horse - that was some adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment