Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day 147

Sunday, August 1st, 2010


Day 147 - This is the grave right next to Leigh Ann.  Kylah would have turned 2 yrs old today.  Instead of sending out invitations to family and friends, ordering a birthday cake, and shopping for presents, Kylah's parents decorated her grave with some flowers, balloons, and a sign.  I have yet to meet Mr. and Mrs. McBeth but I grieve that they can't be with their daughter on her birthday.  I hate that every August 1st they'll be reminded of another year without Kylah just like every February 5th I'll think of how old Leigh Ann would have been.  I'm incredibly saddened they have to experience this today.

When I selected Leigh's grave site I specifically chose the plot next to Kylah.  Leigh Ann worked in pediatrics and I liked the idea that maybe on March 6th her path crossed with Kylah's and they've been friends ever since.  I'd like to think while we're grieving beyond belief on Earth, in Heaven there was a party today for Kylah.  And I'd like to think Leigh Ann was right beside her, smiling, watching her blow out the candles. 

Happy Birthday Kylah. 

"Father, take care of Kylah's parents today.  The peace they need can only come from You.  Please give that to them.  We don't know why You didn't allow them to celebrate her birthday with her and I don't know why You haven't allowed me to celebrate anymore birthdays with Leigh Ann.  But I'll continue to trust in You.  Your will be done."

No comments:

Post a Comment