Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 344

Monday, February 14th, 2011

Day 344 - Valentines Day

It's no Ruth's Chris but it's hard to beat a sit-down meal at Chick-Fil-A!  What a great time to share a meal with the kids in an environment where some spilt soda wasn't going to cause people to stare.  Yes it lacked a little romance but that wasn't on the menu this year anyway.  The kids surprised me with candy and cards which did a great job in filling the void. 





I received many texts/emails from people offering words of encouragement and prayer.  I believe it worked as my heart felt damaged but not broken.  I would've given anything to have gotten a sitter tonight so I could have taken Leigh somewhere special, enjoy her company, and share some romance.  But eleven months without touch, smell, sight of someone you love and you begin to get used to one more night of the same.  The kids did a fantastic job though of letting me know I am loved.  So I'll take it and enjoy a night with them even if chicken and waffle fries were the only things on the menu.

"Father thank You for providing for me tonight.  I miss Leigh Ann so very much but I thank You for a night out with the kids.  Thank You for filling the void in my heart.  May I trust in Your plan."

No comments:

Post a Comment