Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 105

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 105 - Father's Day.  The kids got me a few gifts which were great, but the cards they picked out are the "keepers."  I'll keep them for quite some time. 
Went camping over the weekend.  Leigh's family loves to camp and we've been going every year since the kids were born.  This was our first time without Leigh.  Another "first."  Leigh Ann was missed on the hikes, missed at the lake, missed around the camp fire.  Her smile, her laugh, both sorely missed.  But we went and we made it through.  And, like Disney, new memories were made.  One unexpected memory was the drive up to Woods Canyon.  The kids left the night before with Leigh's parents so I took the van up by myself.  The silence was loud and I immediately reached for a cd but then chose to spend some time in prayer.  Though I wanted to talk to Leigh I found that talking to God was such a good way to spend my time.  I believe it set me up to enjoy the weekend as much as possible.

Some of our new memories...

Malia loved the dogs being with her -

Malia has to have her "nigh nigh's" when she's camping!

Caden and me trying our luck at fishing...both got blanked.  I'm convinced there are no fish in that lake.


Caden enjoying the woods -


Caden enjoying the view - looks more risky than it was :)
Caden and Bailey about to go hiking -

Bailey and Malia playing jarts!


Bailey being hypnotized by the flames!

Malia with the ever classic "camping" hair style!


Prayer Requests -
- The week after a vacation seems to be difficult. Prayers to stay focused on God's grace and love this week.

"Father, thank You for Your creation.  Beautiful.  Thank You for new memories.  I pray for strength this week.  May each day belong to You."

No comments:

Post a Comment