Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 105

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 105 - Was invited to play with our worship team this morning.  The first time since Leigh's death that I've been infront of people.  Didn't know what to expect.

I've played guitar off and on for a while and have even led worship a few times in various venues over the years.  This morning ranks among one of the best experiences I've had worshipping with a praise team. We played for three services and I could have played for a dozen more.  One of those times when everyone was freed up to worship while leading worship (it's harder than it sounds).  I'll remember this morning for a long, long time.  Amy sang "How He Loves," by David Crowder in the middle of the set and it was all I could do to keep the tears from falling. Some of the lyrics...

He is jealous for me, loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden, I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realize just how beautiful You are, and how great Your affections are for me.


I so wanted Leigh to experience what I was experiencing but then I thought, "If earthly worship can be this good, what in the world is heavenly worship like?!  Could it be that the wonderful experience I had is "the norm" where Leigh is?  I'll bet it is.  I still missed her though.

- Friends from my Life Group (bible study) who were all on stage this morning.  Zach played drums, Matt led worship, I played guitar with Matt, and Amy sang.  These guys are all super-talented so it was a privelege to be on the same stage with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment