Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day 86

Tuesday, June 1, 2010



Day 86 – 6:15 a.m.


Packing last night was rough.  One of Leigh’s favorite parts to a vacation was packing things the night before. Laying out all the suitcases, figuring out who is going to wear what…you know the drill. Last night after the kids got to bed I put the final belongings in their respective suitcases and the sight of all our bags, minus one, was tough.


Our first vacation without Leigh.


Kids are tired but excited. They were all awakened at 6 a.m. and they had huge smiles on their faces. I know they want me to be excited, so I’m going to try very hard to smile, laugh, and enjoy the week as much as I can.

We'll be in CA all of today and tomorrow by ourselves.  Grandparents arrive late tomorrow.  Prayers for strength would be appreciated as my kids have said the word "Dad," more times than humanly possible. 


Lookout Disney – here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment