Saturday, June 5, 2010

Day 90

Saturday, June 5, 2010
Day 90 - Day 5 at Disney Included:
- "Dates" with each of the kids.   
Caden's time:  Splash Mountain, California Screamin', California Adventure Parade, Grizzly River Run, and Shopping at the Magic Store.


Bailey's time:  Shopping at the hotel gift shop, shopping at the Disney store on Main Street, Buzz Lightyear, Star Tours, and more shopping at the Star Tours Gift Shop! 


Malia's time:  Lunch at Ariel's Grotto - during lunch four princesses will come to your table for pictures.  The princesses selected are random so I was nervous that Malia wouldn't know any of them.  She began with a picture with Ariel.  Very cool.  Then they announced Princess Aurora.  Who??  What is this, the j.v. squad?  My heart started to sink knowing how much Malia was looking forward to this.  But then we hit the jackpot - next to come out was Snow White, after her entered Belle, and then the grand finale =  none other than Cinderella!  Malia was in Princess dreamland!


Our trip ends tomorrow.  In some ways it couldn't come a day too soon (I'm Disneyed-out!).  But in so many ways it was more than I could have expected.  We made some incredible memories as a family.  I'll always remember this as our first vacation without Leigh Ann.  There have been many moments this week when I would trade all of this to have her back.  I would trade a million future vacations just to spend one more day with my wife.  Today marks the 15th Saturday since Leigh died and every Saturday I have to stop and think of how much I wish Saturday, March 6th, never happened.  But it did, and while I constantly struggle with the gravity of Leigh Ann dying, I have truly enjoyed these past five days with the kids. 
I'm forever grateful for the support and prayers of so many who thought of and prayed for us this week.  Thank you.
"Father, thank You for continuing to love me and the kids.  Thank You for the great memories we've been able to make and I pray times like these will help build a new, stronger bond between all of us.  Thank You for blessing us.  I pray that the hurt would steadily decrease though right now the pain is still severe."

No comments:

Post a Comment